Monday, February 21, 2011

The Social Network (2010)

The Social Network (2010)
 Director: David Fincher
Rated: PG-13
Stars: 7
120 min
Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Rooney Mara, Armie Hammer, Andrew Garfield,

   Synopsis:

On a fall night in 2003, Harvard undergrad and computer programming genius Mark Zuckerberg sits down at his computer and heatedly begins working on a new idea. In a fury of blogging and programming, what begins in his dorm room soon becomes a global social network and a revolution in communication. A mere six years and 500 million friends later, Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in history... but for this entrepreneur, success leads to both personal and legal complications.

    Review:

The Facebook movie. Sounds weird, right? How in the world could someone make a facebook movie?   David Fincher did and it turned out pretty good. (Note: the movie is about the people that made facebook)  The greediness, money, friends, the geek who doesn't have any friends except for one and he hurts his only friend.
    The actors were amazing in their roles, I don't know if it was them or if it was the director pushing them or what but whatever it was, they were......wow.   They were perfect for their roles and I mean perfect.
 Jesse Eisenberg did a really good job as Mark but I don't think we're supposed to love and cheer for him in the movie. I agree with Mark (Jesse)'s ex-girlfriend, that he is a number one a%%hole and I did not like him. I did feel  sorry for him because he couldn't relate to people, he could  only relate to computers.

  Justin Timberlake, who I have always doubted as an actor (he's in Yogi Bear! *yuck*) but there is no need to doubt him here, he played  his role  very good.  And may I point out our next Spider-man, Andrew Garfield. I'm still not sure about the idea of him being spider-man but he was oh-my-gosh awesome. Not as awesome as Jesse but Jesse made me hated him and Andrew made me feel bad for him. 
  I could definitely tell that this was David Fincher's movie, the actors, the tight plot, the color, etc. While I don't think that this is his best top movie, he didn't disappoint me.

Everything is dark and colorful in a dark way and the photography was fantastic. The great script with sharp dialogue.
    I really liked how they kept the plot tight, if there is one thing that I hate, it's the movie going all over the place and I have been watching too many movies like that so this was really nice for a change.
  Of all of the movies that came out in 2010, only a few I would say were good enough for the Oscar and this was one of the movies.  
   The Social Network is a movie that you hate or love but ether way, you can tell that this movie is very good in it's own way. It's the movie that the critics loves. 

                  I give it 7 stars out of 10.

  






2 comments:

  1. This was a great movie! I really liked it! And your blog post and review was really good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad that you liked this movie. :) Do you think that this movie was one of the best movie of 2010?
    Cameron and me went to the theater to see this and when it was done, I was like, wow but Cameron was like, that was boring, I wish that we went to an action movie instead. :P

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online